Red Penn is the alter-ego of Lynne Street (New Zealand), who was created when, with other IT students poplulating a test database, we had to create people for the cust_Name field. (Other names? Tufata Fela, Huta Whaikaiu, Annie Boddie, Sam Wahn, and more. )
Red began as Red Penn Reviews, but while reviewing (for Booksellers NZ, and NZ and global authors) at RedPenn Reviews (old site), work began coming in for proof-reading and editing for authors.
Red Penn Services has been helping writers become authors since c. 2012, beginning with NZ author, Deryn Pittar*, and her then publisher. Red has been contracted to Roane Publishing, and Inkitt publishing, and to individual authors.
Kind Comments from Satisfied Clients …
- “Have I told you that you’re my favourite Editor?” Ginette Gadbois, author of Caught Between Worlds
- “You both have done an amazing job with this. Truly.” Über-editor, Rebecca Hart of Roane Publishing, re Poisonous Whispers by Jana Begovich
- “Thanks so much. You’re always a pleasure to work with.” Über-editor, Rebecca Hart of Roane Publishing., re Show No Weakness by Joyce Holmes
- “I just wanted to thank you for your help and advice on Second Chance; it’s definitely a stronger book because of your input. And there was no problem getting the typos fixed in time!” Suzi Finlay, author
- “Thanks for much for your hard work. I’m definitely trying to improve my writing, so reading your corrections and suggestions is extremely helpful. … I also took your suggestions and re-wrote some scenes” Shantel Gerstendorfer, author of Truth
- “You’re doing a wonderful job. The proof-readers are enjoying the stories.” Arianor Gaynor, of the former Secret Cravings Publishing
- “Thank you! I heard the happy author loves her editor. 😉 “Arianor Gaynor, of the former Secret Cravings
Lee Murray … Thank you for your kind support… [NZ Author]
Dan Strawn What Lee said. Thank you. [NZ Author]
Effie Molina It was a pleasure working with you!
Jana Begovich …It was pure pleasure working with you on the edits of my first novel and I found your help invaluable. I wish you joy and happiness in every future endeavour and phase of life. 💗
Terri Hoffman Rochenski Love you. Xoxo
Rebecca Brennan Hart Miss you already. Xoxox and then some.
Ginette Paquette-Gadbois … Please know that it was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for all your help. To new beginnings!
Sara-Jean Englert … I appreciate what you taught me and what you did for In Gray. You’re a great editor…
London Saint James … You were wonderful to work with. Hugs. 💜
Ellen Devlin … Please know that I found working with you to be a joy, and I believe that I’m a better writer from your comments/edits/kind help. (And I was secretly hoping that you would be editing the next one…)
* Deryn Pittar … join the fun side and use your imagination to create new worlds to entertain and poetry to warm the heart. [NZ Author]
Joanne Ruth …. Your high quality … Many writers will be worse off without the benefit of your expertise. … your knowledge and skills are so valuable…
Gail Ward Olmsted … I have enjoyed working with you so much!
Muffy Wilson … this is not bad for my first book!! Thank you for all your keen-eyed edits and suggestions. It is awesome and share in this with you. The Para-Portage of Emily made Readers’ Favorite Finalist in the Romance ~ Sizzle category. I am so proud and honored! Love ‘n’ Hugs