Red Penn is the alter-ego of Lynne Street (New Zealand), who was created when, with other IT students poplulating a test database, we had to create people for the cust_Name field. (Other names? Tufata Fela, Huta Whaikaiu, Annie Boddie, Sam Wahn, and more. )
The Team: Lynne took on “Tess Ting” help computer students learning about emailing. Lynne studied to gain Diploma Applied (Creative) Writing, and as Red Penn, began
as Red Penn Reviews for Booksellers NZ, and NZ and global authors of her choice.
When work began coming in for proof-reading and editing for authors, Red Penn Services came into being.
Since then, we have helped managing poetry events for a local group, and writers publish their own work and the author’s release event and setting up their marketing media.
Last year the team was joined by Ruby, responsible for team morale.
Red Penn Services has been helping writers become authors since c. 2012, beginning with NZ author, Deryn Pittar*, and her then publisher. Red has been contracted to Roane Publishing, and Inkitt publishing, and to individual authors.
Kind Comments from Satisfied Clients …
- “Have I told you that you’re my favourite Editor?” Ginette Gadbois, author of Caught Between Worlds
- “You both have done an amazing job with this. Truly.” Über-editor, Rebecca Hart of Roane Publishing, re Poisonous Whispers by Jana Begovich
- “Thanks so much. You’re always a pleasure to work with.” Über-editor, Rebecca Hart of Roane Publishing., re Show No Weakness by Joyce Holmes
- “I just wanted to thank you for your help and advice on Second Chance; it’s definitely a stronger book because of your input. And there was no problem getting the typos fixed in time!” Suzi Finlay, author
- “Thanks for much for your hard work. I’m definitely trying to improve my writing, so reading your corrections and suggestions is extremely helpful. … I also took your suggestions and re-wrote some scenes” Shantel Gerstendorfer, author of Truth
- “You’re doing a wonderful job. The proof-readers are enjoying the stories.” Arianor Gaynor, of the former Secret Cravings Publishing
- “Thank you! I heard the happy author loves her editor. 😉 “Arianor Gaynor, of the former Secret Cravings
Lee Murray … Thank you for your kind support… [NZ Author]
Dan Strawn What Lee said. Thank you. [NZ Author]
Effie Molina It was a pleasure working with you!
Jana Begovich …It was pure pleasure working with you on the edits of my first novel and I found your help invaluable. I wish you joy and happiness in every future endeavour and phase of life. 💗
Terri Hoffman Rochenski Love you. Xoxo
Rebecca Brennan Hart Miss you already. Xoxox and then some.
Ginette Paquette-Gadbois … Please know that it was a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for all your help. To new beginnings!
Sara-Jean Englert … I appreciate what you taught me and what you did for In Gray. You’re a great editor…
London Saint James … You were wonderful to work with. Hugs. 💜
Ellen Devlin … Please know that I found working with you to be a joy, and I believe that I’m a better writer from your comments/edits/kind help. (And I was secretly hoping that you would be editing the next one…)
* Deryn Pittar … join the fun side and use your imagination to create new worlds to entertain and poetry to warm the heart. [NZ Author]
Joanne Ruth …. Your high quality … Many writers will be worse off without the benefit of your expertise. … your knowledge and skills are so valuable…
Gail Ward Olmsted … I have enjoyed working with you so much!
Muffy Wilson … this is not bad for my first book!! Thank you for all your keen-eyed edits and suggestions. It is awesome and share in this with you. The Para-Portage of Emily made Readers’ Favorite Finalist in the Romance ~ Sizzle category. I am so proud and honored! Love ‘n’ Hugs